Annual Day Use Pass

Beginning Jan.1, 2016 the recreation day use fees charged for boat launches & swimming beaches managed by USACE changed to a simpler fee structure. The fee for a USACE annual pass to these facilities also changed.  More information may be accessed by using the links below.

The day use fee schedule is as follows:

* Minimum day use fee of $5.00 will be charged per private non-commercial vehicle.

* Minimum day use fee of $2.00 per adult for walk-in or bike-in.

* Minimum day use fee of $20.00 will be charged per bus or commercial vehicle.

* Children under the age of 16 are not charged a day use fee. 

Payment of the day use fee entitles the user to launch a boat or use any developed swimming beach at a USACE-operated recreation area that day.

A USACE annual day use pass may be purchased for $40, which permits the holder & accompanying passengers the daily use of facilities managed by USACE for one calendar year. No duplicate passes will be sold but a person may purchase more than one Annual Pass at full price if desired.

Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All

Q. Where can I buy an annual pass?

Contact one of the following five lake offices: Barren River Lake, Carr Creek Lake, Green River Lake, Nolin River Lake, or Rough River Lake for issuance by mail options.

Passes may be purchases at one of these projects, year-round, during normal business hours.


Q. What do I do with it after I buy it?

A. The annual pass is a hangtag, which is hung from the interior rear view mirror of the vehicle. Two decals, one displaying the month and the other displaying the year of purchase, will be affixed to the hangtag upon purchase. On open vehicles or vehicles with no interior rear view mirror, the decals may be affixed directly at an alternate location, such as the left front bumper or the back of the left exterior rear view mirror, rather than to the hangtag.


Q.What if I have more than one vehicle?

A. The hangtag may be used on any vehicle the pass holder owns.


Q. Will you replace the pass if my car is stolen?

A. Hangtags lost due to vehicle theft will be replaced at no cost if proof of theft, i.e., police report or insurance document, is provided.


Q. Do Golden Age/Access or America the Beautiful™ - the National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands discounts apply?

A. Golden Age and Golden Access Passport as well as America the Beautiful™ Pass holders no longer get a 50 percent discount because you no longer need an annual pass if you have one of those cards. As long as you display your ATB/Golden Age/Golden Access Card, you are good to go. 


Q. Where can I use the pass?

A. This nation-wide pass is only valid at day use areas operated by the Corps of Engineers. It may not be used at areas operated by other agencies even if those areas are located on Corps-owned property.


LAKE  SITE  Boat Ramps  Swim Beach
Barren River Lake
(270) 646-2055

Bailey’s Point
Beaver Creek
Quarry Road Beach
The Narrows




Carr Creek Lake
(606) 642-3308
Carrfork Marina
Littcarr Ramp
Green River Lake
(270) 465-4463
Dam Area
Holmes Bend
Pikes Ridge
Smith Ridge
Nolin River Lake
(270) 286-4511
Arnold L. Vanmeter Ramp
Dog Creek
Rough River Lake
(270) 257-2061

North Fork
Cave Creek
Laurel Branch